Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Partial Farewell To Flash

For years, to my occasional annoyance, I always ended up the Flash guy even though I'm not a graphic designer or even a front end designer.  It was much simpler than that, I just could never get anyone else to be the Flash guy.

Actionscript is an interesting mix of typed and untyped programming, I found this model quite useful.  In conjunction with Flash Media Server, we've been able to make a fairly secure badge representing one's credential on our first go round with SIGKAT.

But Flash has clearly hit its high water mark - the much publicized omission of Flash on iphones, the emergence of HTML 5 are a few indicators, obviously.

So we will be moving on with a non-Flash implementation of our badging components.  Until, and perhaps even after, we are satisfied with our non-Flash approach, we will continue to provide the Flash based badges.

No comments:

Post a Comment